Following up on his twin from last week, I’m going to write about Tyrion today. When it comes to High Elves and combat, Tyrion is best that there is. He’s kind of a big deal in the elven realm, with everybody liking him and some saying that he is Aenarion reborn. So, what does this elf offer that makes him so special?
- 10″ Movement
- 18″ Inspiring Presence if he is your General (and why wouldn’t he be?)
- Tyrion is back to being a Cavalry (he was Monstrous Cavalry when 8th came out), so he can be protected in a unit of Silver Helms or Dragon Princes once again.
- Always Strikes First with 4 Strength 7 Magical, Flaming Attacks at Weapon Skill 9. He also has a breath weapon, too. Malhandir adds in with his own 2 Strength 4 Attacks.
- 1+ armour save and a 4+ ward (2+ against Flaming Attacks)
- Magic Resistance (2)
- 4 Wounds (unusual for an elf)
- The first time that he suffers his last wound, on a 2+ the Wound is negated
Overall, he is a pretty solid character, but he should be since he comes in at 400+ points. He probably won’t be as game-changing as his twin brother, and doesn’t have the choices that the other one provides, but he is a fairly resilient combat character that can put out some damage.